Iran is an international pariah state bordered on land by Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kuwait and Iraq, and shares sea borders with Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, The United Arab Emirates and Oman. It is an OPEC member due to its strong petrochemical exports. Its default in-game leader is Mohamed Ghajad, a caricature of real-life Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
- Strong exports in Oil, Natural Gas, Fuel, Vegetables, Cereals, Grapes, Iron, Steel, Aluminium and Copper.
- Extreme potential for growth due to massive, barely-exploited oil and natural gas reserves in Esfahan province.
- Relatively large military, which replenishes numbers quickly due to conscription.
- 1 Nuclear power plant in Bushehr, enabling a secret nuclear weapons program from the start of the game.
- Due to starting the game with a poor human rights record (e.g. restrictions on minority religions, no real power of parliament, illegal homosexuality)
Write the second section of your page here.